Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Longing for Home

“Every inch of me is trembling
But not from the cold
Something is familiar 
Like a dream I can reach but not quite hold 
I can sense you there
Like a friend I’ve always known
I’m arriving
And it feels like I am home”

There are so many good lines in Frozen 2 that can really be looked at in a spiritual perspective, and I absolutely love it. If you know me, you know I often tend to see small everyday things and somehow relate it to something spiritual. So when the girls over at Line Upon Line challenged us to do just that, and share our experiences; I knew I just had to join.  

Ok so, our Prophet, President Nelson, said once that we should read the Book of Mormon, learn to love the Book of Mormon, to the point where we don’t want to go one day without reading from it; we should long to read from its pages on a daily basis. I will be the first one to admit I am not quite to that point. I do love the Book of Mormon, and I do have a testimony of its truthfulness, but I’m not quite to the point where I long to read it. There are days where I really do long to just sit and immerse myself into the Book of Mormon, but there are also days where I just quickly read something, because I know I should. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ef1KVUNrcMeBtgQoWqLwWwJ29wnGSTaU

Going back to what our Prophet said about longing to read The Book of Mormon each and every day...have you ever longed for Home?  Have you ever been spiritually homesick?  I still, to this day, remember one of my friends saying in high school once that she felt homesick for her heavenly home. Like, she longed and yearned to be with her Heavenly Father. I remember thinking, “wow she has a strong testimony. I wish I felt that way sometimes.” But at the time I didn’t have a testimony. I had faith, but I didn’t know much, and I had very little knowledge of how to get to that point, and I was too afraid and embarrassed to ask anybody. 

“and it feels like I am Home”

I’ve felt it since. I’ve felt that very strong pull. I’ve felt that deep sting of wanting so badly to be Home. To be with my family at the feet of my Savior. To dwell in the presence of our Father in Heaven. I have felt homesick for my heavenly home. It’s hard...to feel homesick, but in feeling homesick for my heavenly home there was a peace. Which so perfectly coincides with the peace that comes from Christ is not of this world. This feeling of longing to be Home was another witness to me that He really is there and Heaven does exist. That I really am a daughter of my Father Who is in Heaven. 


Share with the world:

No comments:

 
Designed by Beautifully Chaotic